11)A client states, "I am always late for everything because I can't leave my room without checking every drawer and door to make sure they are locked. If I don't do that, I get so worried that I have to go back. I can't seem to stop my behavior." The nurse should take which action at this time?
A)Allow the client adequate time to carry out the rituals.
B)Explore childhood experiences that may have led to the behavior.
C)Encourage the client to remain in the room until the urge to recheck has decreased.
D)Remind the client that the staff will not allow others to enter the room.
ANSWER
A)Allow the client adequate time to carry out the rituals.
B)Explore childhood experiences that may have led to the behavior.
C)Encourage the client to remain in the room until the urge to recheck has decreased.
D)Remind the client that the staff will not allow others to enter the room.
ANSWER
No comments:
Post a Comment